There is a suggestion on the forum to reduce from 5 clans down to 3 for players to utilize.
The goal would be to unite players in less clans rather than spread out. It will also (hopefully) allow for more focused clan-based events.
They system would work somewhat like this:
- All players in 2 clans will be kicked and made clan-less.
- You would not be able to join those 2 clans. Clan recruiters will no longer allow joining them.
- The clan relic will remain in the clan vault and will be able to be captured
- An elite NPC leader will be stationed in each HQ, but will not give leadership if killed, perhaps with rare drops.
- Clan powers will be moved to town trainers.
We are far from decided and are looking for feedback and suggestions from players. Not everything is possible, but we will try our best to create an enjoyable experience.
FCOLauncher v2.0 with High Resolution Support
We are releasing the new updater and launcher for Five Clans Online. It is faster and supports more features than the previous version. It also supports resolutions above the previous capped 1024x768.
This patch will available as a stand-alone download for current users and will be bundled with all future client downloads.
The new launcher requires the .NET framework (3.5 or newer) that comes from Microsoft for Windows XP and above. You should make sure Windows is completely updated and the .NET framework is installed.
Download FCOLauncher v2.0
- Extract the .zip file to your game client directory.
- Run "FCOLauncher.exe" to start the game.
- If the game crashes immediately, then you may need to adjust the game video settings in the "Options" menu. Ensure that you are not using a resolution that is higher than your current monitor and video card allows.
- Character selection screen will be improperly displayed for resolutions aboe 1024x768.
- The chat window may resize itself after login or zone change. A current work-around is to run the game in 800x600 resolution, set the desired chat window size, exit the game, then re-open the game in the desired game resolution.
- Character creation screen will be improperly displayed. Create your character in 800x600 or 1024x768 resolutions then play in any resolution you wish.
Please report any issues you may have by responding to this thread with as much information as possible. Such as your operating system, the error message, and what caused the issue.
Dong Chang District is now open!
Arena is now open!
Some quick changes:
- Student Li for SLS quest can no longer be attacked. This should prevent people from failing the quest.
- Mirror Strike and Flaming Heart can now be cast 30 meters away from their target as they were intended. They were bugged before and only allowed 5m attack range. Since they do not do weapon damage, that didn't make any sense. They have now been corrected to their intended 30m range.
There have been some changes the last week. The second zone server is fully functional and has been implemented. I will continue to optimize the database and servers in attempt to get optimal performance. We have close to 10 times the computing power as before, so any continuing lag is due to the game itself, so unfortunately throwing more hardware at it won't do much.
Some changes have been implemented the past few days that you may or may not have noticed. I have listed some below:
- Loam Root has been added in-game to 20+ different mobs.
- Removed mobs behind KOH HQ due to people using them to AoE through the HQ walls.
- The alliance system was removed in an attempt to make better use of the clans during war time.
- Clan prestige and gold now updates correctly based on number of relics and towns controlled.
- The HD launcher will become the default soon and we will be updating the client download on the website when that change is implemented.
- The item exchange is now better organized.
We have fixed the legendary item bugs and the fix will be implemented Thursday, February 20th 2014. This means all LI's will start decaying properly again on that day. This means you will need to log in to charge your LI's occasionally or they will decay and revert back to the quest giver. For your information, LI's charge relatively fast in FCO.
- The GM's will never ask for your account or password. If you see anyone pretending to be a GM please report them so we can permanently IP ban them.
- Any use of bots, hacks, or third-party programs that give you an unfair advantage in-game will result in a permanent account suspension.
- With the LI fix in place, more LI events will be planned in the future.
- Hero Tokens are 98% implemented. They are loot that can be converted to hero points to exchange for hero items at the town monks. All players who have won them in past will have them added to their characters when they are fully implemented.
- The loot tables for the boss mobs are being re-worked to drop more rares and a larger variety of them.
- Our plan is to add more scheduled weekly events similar to the weekend relic raid. So if you have any ideas, let us hear them!
I am sure I have forgotten some stuff, so stay tuned for more event and patch announcements! Rumor has it someone found the long lost path to the Dong Chang District...